Saturday, 13 November 2010

ticking the checklist

2010 Year End To Dos Checklist

1) UPSR
2) SPP interview
3) UPSR result
4) School holiday
5) attend weddings of friends

Here are a few of my year end to do checklist.

#1. Ticked.
I was one of the Pangawas Peperiksaan. It was hard to see the students that I jaga sitting for the papers and at the same time thinking how my own babies were doing at school. Everybody prayed hard for the kids to do well in the exam. And so did I. Hopefully my babies managed to answer the papers well.

#2. Ticked.
The interview was dated on the 4th of November at BTPN Kuantan. I spent the two weeks before the date revising on the 'Dasar2' in the Education stream, recalling the lecture given by Dr. Sofi on PIPP back in IPBA, the National Educational Philosophy tutorials with Dr. Rajagopal and Mr. Ng, teaching approaches classes as well as Professional Development talks by Dr. Boon, Dr. Lawrence and the R&D team.
At the same time, I had to juggle my duties as a teacher and also the vice president of the teachers and staff club; marking exam papers, keying in the marks in the database, typing out the paperwork for the club's family day, etc. It was hectic.

Left for Kuantan on the 3rd, after school, skipping the end of year school meeting because i was concerned the meeting might end rather late and i had to find a place to stay that night. Got lost in Kuantan. Thank God abg Shark installed Garmin on my mobile, so with the help of the gprs, managed to find the place i intended to go. Checked in at CitiLite Hotel, in Kuantan and did my last reading before going to bed at around 9.00pm.

I entered the interviewing room at 9.20 am and came out at 9.50am. I was in the room for half an hour but it didn't feel like so. I was the fourth person to be interviewed by a very nice-motherly lady by the name of Pn. Halimah. I think the interview went well. I hope so. I remember, one of the questions that the lady asked was what is my target for UPSR. I told her i targeted 10 of my students to get A for their English paper. She was surprised. I wondered why.

#3. Ticked.
The UPSR result was announced. I arrived at school and was straightly told that news had been spreading that 10 of the year 6 students got straight As. I was delighted yet i held back since we did not officially receive the result. Not just yet. But deep down inside, i was hoping that the rumour was true. And so it was. Alhamdulillah.

#4. Pending.
School holiday is just around the corner. To be precise, in three days time. Will head back to Kedah and enjoy the company of family members, insyaallah. Really looking forward to it.

#5. Pending.
Kak Wani is getting married in December, and a few others too. I am truly happy for them that they are finally marrying someone that they love. I will try to make it to their wedding receptions, insyaallah. In addition, somebody very close to me will also be entering his new phase of life real soon, so i wish him happiness.

God bless. May 2011 be a lucky and an even better year for you and for me. Ameen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment